Friday 24 January 2014

dr bronner's magic organic lavender coconut lotion review


I love that Dr Bronner's is an organic, fair trade and cruelty-free company and hence I was keen to try their products. The organic lavender coconut lotion is the first lotion I've tried in their line and i'm writing this review after using up the whole bottle!

The Claims 
Certified to National Organic Standards our lotions are based on pure organic oils free of petrochemically modified ingredients and preservatives. Organic jojoba oil moisturizes dry skin exceptionally well due to its unique similarity to the skin's natural oil. Organic coconut oil assists absorption while organic hemp and avocado oils help keep skin smooth and supple. Organic grain alcohol (ethanol) is used as a natural preservative at a level that helps absorption without being drying. Only the finest organic essential oils are used for fragrance. 

The Reality 

The lotion is thin and slightly sticky in consistency. It works like a lotion but I suspect because of the mixture of oils does take a little longer to absorb into the skin than a normal lotion, but not as long as an oil. If you use too much then it can be somewhat greasy.

Personally during the winter time I don't find the lotion to be as moisturising as I would like, my skin tends to veer towards the dry side and I need something a bit heavier. However I think this lotion would be perfect for the summer.

The scent is light and pleasant, it seems to disappear after around half an hour of applying the lotion.

Overall I really like the ingredients, the price is reasonable, the packaging is practical and I think this will be my lotion of choice during the summer months.

The Ingredients
Aqua, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Organic Ethanol, Organic Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Organic Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Organic Quillaja Saponaria Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil – (* Certified Fair Trade by IMO)


The Packaging 
I like that the lotions is packaged in a pump bottle, making it easy and mess free to use! 

The Price 

The Ultimate Question: Would I repurchase? 
Yes - in fact I already have repurchased this lotion but in the peppermint scent

The Overall Score: 4/5 

Have you tried any of the Dr Bronner's lotions? Which is your favorite scent? 

Sita xoxo

Disclaimer: This product was purchased by myself, all views expressed are my own. Product claims are taken from the company website. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds great product :D
    www.indianbeautyzone.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know dr bronner made lotions, I thought it was just soap x


    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  3. very interesting review,i want this lotion
    I posted a new article, I'd love to know your opinion
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    fashion blogger pamela soluri
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun day!! great post and love your products ^^

    http://www.sibaritismosdeinma.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, We love hearing your thoughts and read every single one :) We always try to reply to as many as possible.

If you have any questions or post suggestions that you would like to see then feel free to email us (buttonsapart@gmail.com) or ask us on twitter (@ButtonsApart).