Saturday 23 March 2013

gillette venus & olay razor: review

a picture of the gillette venus & olay razor

a picture of the gillette venus and olay razor

I shall be reviewing the Gillette Venus and Olay razor in today's post. 

The Claims: 
  • 5 razor blades get Venus close
  • Olay Moisture Bars release skin conditioners to help lock in skin’s moisture for less dryness
  • No need for separate shave cream
  • VanillaCrème scent
  • SoftGrip® handle for confident control
  • Shower Hook for convenient, in-shower storage
  • Easy-to-change cartridges
The Reality
I've used the Gillette Venus & Olay razor for the past couple of weeks since it was sent to me and I have to say that I've been converted. I have previously used Gillette venus razors but then switched to Wilkinson Sword.

The razor has two bars attached; one is the shaving cream and the other is the Olay moisturising bar. This makes it perfect for travel as it saves you carrying around a separate shave gel and moisturiser.

The razor gave me a close shave. I didn't get any redness or razor burn that I sometimes get due to my sensitive skin. My skin also felt very moisturised and nourished due to the Olay bar. Which also smelt lovely and fresh.

The set also comes with a handy shower holder which is rather useful to keep it handy.

The only thing I would say is that the blade can be bit bulky for a really close shave in certain areas such as underarms. Also the price is a tad on the higher side so I would definitely wait for it to be on promotion. (Which it currently is!)

The Price
Superdrug: £5.47 (on promotion regularly £10.99!)
Boots: £5.49 (on promotion regularly £10.99!)

The Ultimate Question: Would I repurchase? 
Yes

Overall score: 4.5/5.

What's your preferred method of hair removal? Have you tried the Gillette Venus & Olay razor?

Radha xoxo 

13 comments:

  1. May purchase this now, recently I've just not wanted to spend money on things like that! Thanks for the review x

    ReplyDelete
  2. good blog!:)

    I'm your new follower, follow me back?:)

    Kisses from Poland!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review)) Great pictures as well! Followed you on Bloglovin', hope you can do same;)
    Have a fabulous time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even know this existed! I always use the normal Venus but I like the sound of this one!

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great review, I'd definitely consider buying it after reading this!
    xxx
    http://madisonsassortment.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review, thank's! Seems a great product!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing Sita, and much thank you for a sweet comment on my blog.

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    Tanya

    Ps, new outfit posted on my blog, please and welcome again darling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh really interesting review.

    xoxo

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw it in boots and will finely buy it after I get paid :)))
    Come and see me and maybe we can follow ?:)

    www.olivains.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi dear! I just found your blog and I love it! great post! would you like to follow each other via bloglovin and gfc? I always return the follow.let me know :)
    http://signaturechic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Follow u yet honey!!!! <3<3<3<3

    www.sweetxl.blogspot.com

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks really good, always looking for a better razor that is good for sensitive skin. I mix up between shaving and waxing.

    Made sure i followed you on Bloglovin'

    P.xx
    greywalls94.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, We love hearing your thoughts and read every single one :) We always try to reply to as many as possible.

If you have any questions or post suggestions that you would like to see then feel free to email us (buttonsapart@gmail.com) or ask us on twitter (@ButtonsApart).